What is Rebound?
This inter-territorial project, which is supported by the EU through ERASMUS+, pursues an action-research approach to promoting rural community resilience. Partners from Ireland, Portugal, Slovenia and the EU-wide AEIDL Association are pooling their expertise and engaging a diverse range of stakeholders in examining this topic. They are compiling an evidence-base that will guide the development of a Level 6 training and capacity-building programme.
What is the primary aim of this Project?
To devise a practitioner-oriented, workable, robust, reliable and solution-focused capacity building training programme that will capture the merits of resilient communities and enable stakeholders, in a vocational learning environment, to assess, promote, review, tweak and evaluate approaches to resilience promotion across a range of rural area types in Europe.
- To collate best practice experiences and in respect of place-based resilience-building;
- To devise a resilience measuring, signposting and strategic planning tool that practitioners can utilise in a diverse range of geographical settings
- To engage with practitioners in collaboratively co-designing an innovative training and capacity-building training programme that effectively enables them to promote resilience in tandem with place-making
- To refine a digital assessment and learning repository with a series of dimensions and indicators; and ·
- To engage with multiple actors in transferring project learnings into practice.